Eurosys is organizing a shadow program committee for the EuroSys 2019 conference under the sponsorship of EuroSys. If you are interested in participating, please send an e-mail to the Shadow PC co-chairs:
- Cristiano Giuffrida (VU Amsterdam)
- François Taïani (Univ Rennes, CNRS, Inria, IRISA)
at email@example.com before September 9, 2018.
Please include a short paragraph describing your current research, areas of expertise, and a list of up to three relevant publications: this will help us with selecting candidates and assigning papers for review. Please indicate whether you plan to attend the Shadow PC physical meeting in December (more about this below). Please also get in touch if you have any queries.
Being on a shadow PC is an excellent opportunity for young systems researchers (PhD students, postdocs and new faculty members) to get experience in community service, i.e., programme committee practices. Shadow PC members commit themselves to writing their own detailed and rigorous reviews for their assigned papers by the alloted deadlines. This commitment is essential to the good functioning of the Shadow PC. Candidates who might be unable to fulfill their reviewing duties should refrain from applying. We expect a review load of 10-15 papers per member in three rounds. Members especially those based in Europe are also expected to attend a one-day shadow PC meeting in person (see details below). Members will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation for the PC meeting. The EuroSys shadow PC will follow roughly the same timeline as the main PC (https://2019.eurosys.org/).
We plan to have the shadow PC meeting close in time to the main PC meeting (foreseen in the week of December 17, 2018).
Being a member of a shadow PC is a lot of work. But besides the recognition of being selected, it is also very rewarding and worthwhile for a number of reasons, including:
- Getting to know how a PC is run and how it operates
- Submitting high quality reviews makes one a possible candidate for future PCs
- Seeing how more experienced reviewers judge the same papers that you review
- Getting to see both strong and weak papers at the submission stage
- Discovering what it takes to publish a paper in a highly selective conference such as EuroSys
- Having a chance to read top-notch papers in your area of expertise before they are published
- Discussing the papers with one or more EuroSys PC members who will attend the shadow meeting
- Getting to know other active young researchers also selected as shadow PC members
September 9, 2018: Deadline to apply for shadow PC
September 24, 2018: Abstract submission
October 1st, 2018: Paper submission
November 1st, 2018: 1st round of reviews due (tentative)
November 15, 2018: 2nd round of reviews due (tentative)
December 9, 2018: 3rd round of reviews due (tentative)
December 10, 2018: Online discussion
December 20, 2018: Shadow PC meeting at Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
March 25-28, 2019: Conference
All deadline times are “Anywhere on Earth”.